It’s Those Darn Ducks
When I’m reading along and see a phrase that is an old expression, I always wonder where the phrase originated and why. What did it really mean? Getting your ducks in a row is one of those phrases that gets my research juices flowing. So, of course, I head for Google to find the real scoop.
According to most of the explanations I found, the term comes from the sport of bowling. Bowling, yikes, I was expecting fluffy yellow things that go Quack. It seems that many years ago, bowling pins were called ducks. Who knew?
Aha, It’s Those Darn Ducks after all. I found one article that did discuss the Mama Duck and her ducklings theory. Mama Duck always has the children follow in a row. If one strays, she will stop and line them all up again. Thus, getting her ducks in a row. That’s the one I like.
In the world of real estate, it is very important for the buyers to have all their ducks in a row before starting the process of searching for a home. It’s Those Darn Ducks again.
- Get pre-qualified first.
- Make sure you have the funds needed (your lender will discuss those with you).
- Decide how many bedrooms/bathrooms/garages you can live with or without.
- Decide which area is best for you: for schools, for commuting, for sociability.
- Make sure you have all the tax records and bank statements needed and ready to hand.
- This bears repeating: Get pre-qualified first. You don’t want to be disappointed by looking at homes higher-priced than you can actually afford.
Get those ducks in a row and things will go easier for the process.
Florida Luxury Realty
727-237-0083 or 727-359-9518
So now you know, It’s Those Darn Ducks